The C30-7 is a 6-axle locomotive manufactured by GE. This unit was introduced amidst a coal boom, 1,137 units were built. The C30-7 was produced from 1976 to 1986. The locomotive used a 7FD16 prime mover generating 3,000 horsepower.
The C30-7 does have a variant, the C30-7A, in which a 7FD12 prime mover is turbocharged and rated for 3,000 hp. CR was the only buyer.
Who bought what?EditATSF (QTY:157) #'s 8010-8166.
- BN (QTY:242) #'s 5000-5141, 5500-5599.
- CR (QTY:60, including C30-7A) #'s6550-6609. (6550-6599 were C30-7A's)
- Ferrocarril del Pacifico (QTY: 26) #'s 434-459.
- L&N - Family Lines System (QTY:44) #'s 7000-7015, 7032-7051,7062-7069.
- FNM (QTY:305) #'s 6700-6799, 9600-9656,11001-11148.
- N&W (QTY:80) #'s 8003-8082.
- SCL (QTY:51) #'s 7016-7031, 7052-7061, 7070-7094
- UP (QTY:140) #'s 2415-2539, 2960-2974.
Many units have migrated to South America, units operate on ALL, and MRS, just to name two.